Brotherly love takes on a new meaning when it comes to Scoop Soldiers. Meet Jared Cahill – Operations Manager and brother to Scoop Soldiers President, Josh Cahill. Originally a recruiter in the oil and gas industry, Jared never entertained the idea of teaming up with brother Josh until an opportunity arose in 2015. Read on to get the scoop about Jared, in and out of the field, and learn more about his role within the Scoop Soldiers squad!
- What is your role at Scoop Soldiers? I was brought on as the Sales Director, but have transitioned to more of a Customer Service/Operations/Process Improvement role in the last year and a half. I manage the office staff and operations for the markets outside of DFW and still have a major focus towards new sales.
- What is your favorite part about working for Scoop Soldiers? My favorite part of working for Scoop Soldiers is providing a service that helps create a clean and safe environment for our clients, dogs and families. I love when I get to see our Dog clients as well!
- List 3 words that describe Scoop Soldiers. Consistent, hardworking and trustworthy.
- What have you gained from working at Scoop Soldiers? I’ve had the opportunity to give resources and time to charities and other dog-focused groups like rescues, adoption centers, and the K-9 unit of the Austin Police Department. This is a part of my life that I have wanted to focus on and plan on continuing to give resources to deserving causes.
- What do you find the most challenging at Scoop Soldiers? Before Scoop Soldiers, I did recruiting mainly in oil and gas, but also for executive leadership, medical professionals, etc. With the tremendous growth and expansion we’ve experience at Scoop Soldiers, I’m able to put my recruiting skills to good use as we’ve quadrupled our employee count in two short years.
- Do you have any dogs of your own? If so, what breeds and what are their names? I have a dog named Henry that is a mix, possibly of retriever/lab/terrier. He’s brindle and very slim and tall.
- What are the top 3 items on your bucket list? If you work for Scoop Soldiers, when you hear the word bucket, you immediately think of the yellow scoop buckets we use. For some reason, pet waste removal services become engrained in your mind.
- What is something people would never guess you have to do in your job? As the “Sales Director,” most people don’t picture me out in the field scooping, but I do get out there whenever needed to ensure we meet the needs of all of our clients. I’ve seen it all in each of our markets from Oklahoma to Texas to Arizona.
- Did you ever think that you’d be working in a company alongside your brother, Josh? No, I never thought I would even work with Josh and it really never was discussed until 2015. I believed in the growth and opportunity of this industry and in the vision for Scoop Soldiers.
- If you could only drink one beer for the rest of your life, what would it be? I am not really a beer drinker, but if I had to pick one it would be Dos Equis. Stay Thirsty My Friend.
Let Jared and the Scoop Soldiers team free your backyard from pet waste. If you live in Dallas-Fort Worth, Austin, Houston, San Antonio, Tulsa, Oklahoma City, or the Phoenix Metro area, contact us today to schedule your first poop scooping! As the top-rated pet waste removal company in the southwest, we’ll make sure your yard is clear of landmines so you, your kids and your dog all have a clean space to run and play.